Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My new Art Room

I live in a small, two bedroom cottage. A cozy 750 square feet. It's enough for me and the two cats.

[Speaking of which, I never thought I would end up as the "lady with the cats." Just goes to show you. Not sure what it shows you, but there it is.]

Anyway, I live with the two fuzzies in the aforementioned cottage. I have the wonderful option of telecommuting for my job, so the second bedroom is my office. I have been trying for three years to shoehorn my art studio into the office, but just couldn't come up with a decent arrangement for all my interests. Watercolor, colored pencil, icon painting, embroidery, acrylics, crafting...too much for an itty bitty room.

About two weeks ago I was sitting in the living room, once again trying to figure out how to make the art room work. Then the flash of inspiration: I will turn the living room into my art room.

Sure, I will leave the loveseat in there for visitor seating, but the whole rest of the room will be my artist's den.
It's my winter project, and I love it!

After two weeks of rearranging furniture in my head, I finally came up with a workable solution. Cannot wait!

Will post updates on my progress.

No comments: