Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Thursday, January 13, 2011

ummm...Politics

The hate-filled 'news' reports during the sad days after the tragedy in Tucson last Saturday compel me to break my silence on political subjects.

I heard the news of the shootings at my parent's home. In shock and extreme sadness, I said a prayer for all involved...and immediately wondered how it was going to spin in the media. I didn't have long to wait.

Many thousands of words have been said and written about the last few days, and all by much more educated and erudite people than I. So I will not try to parse each abhorrent sentence uttered and written by the old media.

But -- I must express my condemnation and disdain for those folks that would dare rush to place blame to score political points. Mr Krugman? Sheriff  Dupnik? ABC? NBC? CBS? NPR?? Really?

Then printed tee shirts at the memorial service. Seriously, Mr President???
UoA students booing your Governor? Grow up.

I am disgusted with all of you.

No comments: