Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Glass love

Dale Chihuly is a well-known glass artist, who lives in Washington State. He is internationally known and revered as a glass artist. In 1998 I saw a PBS special about his installation in Venice, over the canals. I was smitten with its beauty.

I was in Seattle for vacation a few years back, to attend Wagner's Ring cycle. Mr Chihuly created and installed the chandeliers in Benaroya Hall, the home of the Seattle Symphony.

One of the two chandeliers in Benaroya Hall, Seattle.


I was thrilled to finally see some of Mr Chahuly's work in person.
Close up of the same chandelier...
Some of his work in an installation in downtown Seattle. 
I just discovered that Mr Chihuly has an installation in my home town. [gob smack]. Didn't know, haven't seen it - yet.  

No comments: