Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Monday, August 22, 2011

e-Books

I know I am probably behind the curve here...I purchased an inexpensive Kobo reader from Borders (before they went out of business).

Having always been a bibliophile, I didn't think I would like the format. Surprise, I do! An e-reader in no way replaces paper books, but is a good supplement.

Here's a great site for free e-books: Project Guttenberg.
But you already knew that.

Another site for reasonably priced e-books is Smashwords.
Go check out Francis Porretto's offerings there. He is the proprietor of Eternity Road and of Musings of an Indie Writer, and a fine writer of fiction, too. I love love love the Realm of Essences trilogy. The three books are "Must Read" material.

Also his "Which Art in Hope," a terrific science fiction book.

Go, read!


1 comment:

Francis W. Porretto said...

Thank you for the recommendation, dear. And please, keep me abreast of your Kobo experiences. Ever since I got my NOOK, people have been asking my opinion about all the e-Readers, and I hardly know what to say to them!