Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Books about Books! and how to make them

GretchenJoanna left a comment on my "What I did on my summer vacation" post.
She said she would like to learn how to bind books.

Here's a list of books I have enjoyed using.

 

Here are a few I want to add to my library, recommended by Bridget Elmer, the instructor at Ox-Bow.



These just look wonderful...must...have...them........



And here is Bridget Elmer's site, the instructor at Ox-Bow.
I saw both these books at Ox-Bow. They are beautiful. "We can go beyond it" is a fascinating, moving piece of art.



1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

Wow! Thanks!

In our homeschooling days we did make paper, starting with mixing ingredients in the blender, two or three times. I still have some pages of the earthy stuff.