Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thrifty

Over the years I have decorated my various living spaces with thrift store and "junk" store purchases. Also I have found the raw materials for crafting, such as old costume jewelry to decorate frames with, large books to "alter" for an art project,  and various containers for storage (among other things).

I usually don't have the patience to look through clothes, though; I think I will make the change and start looking,

What are you doing to cut expenses in these times?

From the Frugal Cafe:

When money's tight and prices soar in the retail stores, there's no need for despair or foolishly overspending. Second-hand stores always have inexpensive alternatives, fabulous buried treasures. 

Granted, you can't always find what you're looking for at a used store, but you'd be surprised at what you often do find. And the hunt makes the conquest just that much sweeter.

No comments: