Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Monday, January 14, 2013

Neutered

Wonderful article at The Thinking Housewife:

 The men of today, both young and old, have been poisoned, it seems. Poisoned by the feminist doctrine that has been mixed into every social expression, event, and philosophy. Poisoned by the erasing of distinctions between the sexes. Poisoned by the need to be nonthreatening and never, ever overtly masculine. Poisoned by the need to be liked by their own children and grandchildren – liked like schoolyard chums, I mean.

The males of today have a horror of many things; the horror of not being a man does not seem to be listed in the catalog of fears.

When we left the restaurant, I felt that odd combination of bewilderment and determination that always accompanies epiphany. Now that I have named and described this behavior in my own mind, I will be keenly aware of it. And I will also be vigilant to see if any men alive today know how to talk properly to a boy. I want to know if men today realize that the lads under their gaze are future men, men who (God willing) will one day have their own lads to tend.

 The comments are worth the time to read them, too.

No comments: