Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Monday, May 13, 2013

Strength

DH and I were roaming the nearby bookstore, and came across the book "Strengthfinder 2.0."
(I am an Amazon associate, so if you click on the link, you will access Amazon through my associate page. I will get a small credit for anything you buy through this link, at no cost to you.)

It's an interesting book. DH said he had taken the survey years ago, and thought I should, too.

Each book has a one-use code in it that accesses the survey on their website.

My top five strengths, according to this survey are:

  • Strategic
  • Intellection
  • Relator
  • Connectedness
  • Learner.

Not only are the strengths revealed, but also a suggested action plan to enhance the use of each of the strengths.

For instance, one suggested point from the Strategic action plan is: Trust your intuitive insights as often as possible. Even though you might not be able to explain them rationally, your intuitions are created by a brain that instinctively anticipates and projects. Have confidence in these perceptions.

I have always regretted not going with my intuition about things...

For Intellection: List your ideas in a log or diary. These ideas will serve as grist for your mental mill, and they might yield valuable insights.

I carry around a leather bound green book, to keep track of ideas, thoughts, observations. I keep my green book with me at all times, and it has become such a positive part of my life, even DH will ask if I have my "green book" with me when we talk about our hopes, dreams, and plans for the future.

If you're into this sort of introspection, I highly recommend Strengthfinder 2.0. For less than $20, you can't go wrong.

No comments: