Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bullies

I try not to be, but I am, at heart, a pessimist.

Sometimes I don't think the tide can be turned...that it's just a matter of time before what's left of Western Civilization will crumble away.

As I told DH the other day, "I never thought I would live during the fall of a civilization."

How do I resist this, all in the Christian love our Savior is teaching me?
Or do I not resist?

The great Apostle St Paul puts it so eloquently: "But God..."
But God demonstrates His own love toward us... (Romans)
...but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise...(1 Corinthians)
...but God was causing the growth.(1 Corinthians)
...but God has called us to peace..(1 Corinthians).
But God, who comforts the depressed... (2 Corinthians)
But God, being rich in mercy... (Ephesians)
Anyway, an interesting post from Gates of Vienna:

Meek passivity is the cornerstone of dhimmitude. Non-Muslim dhimmis are expected to accept without demur whatever punishment the righteous soldiers of Allah inflict upon them — and be glad it’s not even worse.

This is the classic dynamic of the bully and his victim. If the bully experiences no resistance, it only whets his appetite for more vigorous bullying.