Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Journey

Interesting journey:

That Sunday morning I walked into the strangest room I had ever been in. Apart from the colourful pictures, the warm candles and the sweet-smelling incense, I noticed a few other things as well:

First, there were actually men in this Church, leading it in the way men were supposed to lead.

Secondly, the women all filed in wearing different coloured versions of my exact outfit: long sleeved shirts, long loose skirts, and head-coverings.

Thirdly, I heard more of the Bible during that service than I had collectively heard at every Methodist service I had ever been in. And fourthly, it was obvious that every person in that building, was there for one reason: to worship God. This was no comfortable, entertaining rock concert. This was pure, reverent worship. No pretence.[sic]


The whole story can be found here.
via Journey to Orthodoxy.



No comments: