Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Classical

Classical Resource Center seems to be a good resource for those homeschooling their children. I'm always glad to see the classics being taught. I would like to take some of these course, since I regret that I had to go through the public school system. I know that I missed what a good, classical education can impart to a child.



Sometimes I am frustrated, because I want to read and learn, but don't always have the physical resources now (like time, concentration, alertness). Taking care of two homes (mine and my dad's), an elderly parent, church responsibilities, urban homesteading...all these "life work" activities don't leave a lot of time for more intellectual pursuits, let alone artistic pursuits!

I have been learning to do what I can, when I can. And I try to be like Mary, and worry less.

Lord, have mercy on your handmaid.


No comments: