Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Sunday, January 9, 2011

DIVA

I just discovered iTunes.
It's on my computer -- because, being "behind the times" as I am, I do not own an iPod or other portable music-playing device.

I find myself playing three stations in exclusion to all others:

Ambient, Country, and Classical.

In Ambient I enjoy Smooth Riviera and BirdSong streams. I absolutely love Bluegrass music, so I 've been exploring the different Bluegrass streams. LOVE it.

But I listen mostly to the Classical station: DIVA stream. It is Opera 24/7! all the greats from the last century and this one. The quality of the singers is not 'hit and miss' like listening to the broadcasted operas on air radio. (Gosh, some doggy singers appear at the Met. What are they thinking!?!)

I'll write more later about my opinions on the different broadcasts and singers.

Right now, I'm happy to have DIVA available to me 24/7. Since I telecommute for work, I can put DIVA on in the other room and listen all day. Wonderful!

No comments: