Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My new Art Room, part 2

I found the BEST art table at a resale shop today: solid wood, with an extra leaf. It has the old-fashioned brass casters, and is so beat up that I don't have to worry about it. Which is a good thing, since I had to dismantle the thing and man-handle it to get it into my 2-door Toyota Echo, and out of it again.

Speaking of the Echo, why is it of the four cars I have had in my life, the three I liked are no longer made? First was a Toyota Celica.

No longer made.

Second was a Mazda MX-6. The perfect car for me. Deep cranberry color, sun roof, great mileage.

No longer made.

Had a Pontiac next. Hated it. Awful. Terrible. Worst car ever. Can't even remember the model name, I disliked it so much.  Last time I checked, they're still made. Unless, of course, Pontiac went under and did NOT get a bail out. (oops, close to politics on that...)

Now the little, economical, zippy Echo. No longer made.

If I was superstitious, I might get a complex about it.

What was I talking about...oh, yes, the table.

This table will (1) fit in the room, (2) enlarge (b/c of the leaf) and (3) sit family when they come for dinner, covered with a nice tablecloth, of course.

Yard stick included for comparison.
Some assembly required...


Thank you Lord, for providing.

No comments: