Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Friday, March 4, 2011

Orthodox Christianity

In 1986, I began to follow the Lord Jesus Christ.
In 1999, I went deeper into fellowship with Him, as I joined myself to the Orthodox Christian Church.

The journey of all those years, is a long story. It continues today and, as God wills, will continue until my repose.

I am intellectually oriented; I love to read and reason and learn. No wonder, then, that reading books helped to convince me that the Orthodox have kept the fullness of the Christian Church, the same Church instituted by Christ Himself 2000 years ago.

Over the years, I have given away more of my library than I have kept. I think this is a good thing!

Two of the books still on the shelves shed light for my journey:

The Faith We Hold, by Archbishop Paul of Finland; and
The Orthodox Way, by Bishop Kallistos Ware.

The first book I read is still the classic 'primer' for seekers:
The Orthodox Church, by (then) Timothy Ware.




   

No comments: