Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Friday, March 4, 2011

My new art room, part 3

It's done.
Finally done.

The online Brave Girls Club class "Soul Restoration" gave me the final impetus to complete the job.

I didn't know I had collected so much 'stash' for my art projects...funny how much more there is when it's all in one spot.

My dream of having a whole wall of shelves didn't quite make it into this stage of the studio. You know, that $$$ thing.

Anyway, my $39 table is in the center there, covered with a $1 tablecloth which is under all that stuff going on. $5 chair from my favorite reclamation store, with a new seat cover courtesy of fabric stash. $25 glass-front bookcase, from the same, favorite reclamation store. Lamps, bins and boxes I collected (and used) through the years.

I still must 'store' stuff leaning against the side of bookcases, such as my paper cutter and new canvases. That's just the way it is when you're dealing with 750 square feet of house.

It makes me happy to be able to leave my project out and pick up at any time: 15 minutes at lunchtime, after dinner, at night if I can't sleep.

Susie sits at my feet, the cats curl up on the couch, the radio is tuned to the classical station, or I load my favorite operas on CD.

Bliss.



Bliss Art Studio

No comments: