Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything. - St Gregory of Nyssa

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Soul Restoration Blog Hop!

[This post will stay at the top for this weekend.]
 

UPDATE: My apologies, Dawn pointed out the link to her blog was broken. All fixed now.
SORRY, Dawn!


Welcome, Blog-Hoppers!
You arrived here from Sami Jo's blog: Her Household.
Your next stop on the Hop: Dawn's  Seeking Sense.

Please make yourself at home here, browse around, leave some comments. (I love comments. For a new blogger, it's like getting good snail mail.) Take a look at some of my favorite blogs, listed at the right.

I invite you to come to visit after the Hop. There will be a captioning contest on Wednesday, March 9, and will be judged by a fabulous architect/artist/singer I know. There will be a prize! Next contest will be judged by the winner of this one.

See the widget just to the right? Soul Restoration class. Brave Girls Club (BGC).

I don't remember how I found BGC. Somehow I found an email of "A little birdie told me" and signed up for them. I liked them so much, I checked out the website. And there I saw a little blurb about this Soul Restoration online course they were giving for the first time. Hmmmm...

I was drawn back to look at the information, again and again. Then one thing jumped out at me:
The original YOU is still in there.

That got to me. For a long time, I had been mourning 'me.' With the burden of caring for parents, getting older myself, a failed romance, a burn-out job; I needed to hear that "I" was still in there somewhere!

So I decided to give myself a Christmas present: Soul Restoration.

For the first time in a long time, I was looking forward to something.

I am a fine artist. My media are colored pencils and egg tempera. So the whole popular "multimedia" approach to things is really foreign to my aesthetic. Please do not misunderstand, I admire the style and techniques; it's just foreign to me.

Turns out, the art stuff in the class has been a lot of fun.
The "soul work" has been difficult, but very, very rewarding.

Much of the soul work I have already done, in the course of just living. I knew about setting limits, knowing my weaknesses and strengths, the concept of a "Truthteller" (which in my case, is the Holy Trinity). What was interesting to me is the way the art projects helped to gel all that finished work...and to remind me of all the Truths God has taught me through the years.

I knew the course had an affect when, about in week three, my mother said, "You are happy. You are more happy than I have seen you in a long time."

Nice.

I think part of the 'magic' of the course is that, in the process of creating the art, the mind and heart get into "flow," that state where creativity and truth co-mingle. I experienced flow a lot while a musician...you know, you begin something, and four hours later you look up and can't believe that much time has passed.

In that state, the heart is freed of constraints. Truth can penetrate, and Truth can heal the sores and wounds in our hearts.

What do you think?

Anyway, if anyone reading this has not done the course, I encourage you to do so. Save your pennies (like I did.) Make room in the schedule. You do not need to be an artist. You do not need to be a Christian, or religious in any way.  (You don't even need to be a woman...they're putting together a similar course for men.) What you do need, though, is a heart willing to look at Truth, and to change.

You can do it, Brave Girl!

"And now a word from our sponsor."
You can click on the widget at the top right column, or click on the links, below.

Join us for the powerful and fun online workshops taught by Melody Ross 
that are being enjoyed and loved by women all over the world! 
Soul Restoration on-line classes - Now expanded to TWO sessions:  

Soul Restoration Part 1 – Finding Your Truth (6 weeks) 
April 5, 2011 Session: $99 – Register HERE

Soul Restoration Part 2 – Living Your Truth (6 weeks) 
[For graduates of Soul Restoration 1 only] 
June 7, 2011 Session: $99 – Register HERE


Here's just a small sampling of the art work, representing great, soul-changing truths.

These are called "Truth Cards." 









Part of a book made during the class:




28 comments:

Grandma September said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your story and some of your beautiful art. I have been "stuck" in my soul restoration process, but reading everyone's inspiring stories is encouraging me to stick with it.
best wishes
emily

Whispers and Wishes said...

amazing post Rebecca... so glad you shared your experience with us.

fairyrocks said...

Rebecca,
So lovely to meet you I am just about to embark on the 'Soul Restoration Journey.'
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful art work and insights into the Journey.
Keep smiling and creating

scrapwordsmom said...

Hi fellow Brave Girl!!!! I LOVE your work!!! It is soooooo good!!!!

Art and healing...I am a true believer in that now...It WORKS!

Love and hugs,
Leslie

Trixie said...

Hopped on By~ Great Work!

http://adgb.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-hop.html

Following you now too!

OMG! Your 2 set pages are simply amazing! The one with the house is wow!

sandi rusch said...

Beautiful job!!! It was an amazing journey, wasn't it?
Sandi

Juel said...

Beautiful work Rebecca!

Donna said...

Love your projects and Love your Truth Teller!! Great post! It's been a pleasure doing the class with you!!
:)

Pippa (pjbear) said...

I hopped over to see you! http://pjbear-determinedscrapper.blogspot.com/

Viji Siddharth said...

Very beautiful work!thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

your creations are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sandra said...

The process has been magical hasn't it?!
I am so glad you are so happy now and that you are sharing it with others!
Hugs

Lisa said...

Your projects are sooooo beautiful!!

Dawn @ Creative Journey said...

Rebecca, I'm so happy that being a fine artist you didn't turn away from Soul Restoration. It is for everyone no matter the materials we decide to use. The sea of grass with your house on an island is fantastic - wonderful work! <3

P.S. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned but your link to my site is broken. I may be found at Seeking Sense http://www.seekingsense.typepad.com Thanks :)

Kathy said...

Hi Rebecca, I liked how one of your truth cards said "Rebecca Dear". It sounds so loving. Your art is very pretty. Thank you for sharing!

CraftyRia said...

Your artwork is beautiful!

JennL said...

I really love your thoughts on art as a means to Truth. I have also found that I made similar connections as I moved along this journey.

Really lovely work, brave friend!
Jenn

Christine said...

Your truth cards are wonderful....love the art girl.

Dawn @ Creative Journey said...

Rebecca, thank you so much for fixing the link <3

Kristy said...

Beautiful blog post. I am so happy I am hopping down the BG SR Blog hop. I am meeting so many beautiful BG's I am thilled to say I am signed up for the April session and so love the BGC. I'm excited and scared all at once. After my husbands passing in July I am on a journey of restoring my soul and healing from his death. I am blessed by this hop and your part in it ! Thank you BG Sister... Hugs... Krissi57 a BGC

Anonymous said...

I've found the Truth Cards to be a useful tool and an exhilarating exercise! Thank you for sharing some of yours...they are beautiful! If you get a chance stop by my page: http://katskrops.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

i hear you! i forced myself to make the process less about art by taking a box of crayons, watercolors and glue stick to my daughter's swim practice...no gesso, no matte medium, no Golden paints, just the basics. i'd sit in the stands for the 3 hour practice each day, plugged into my ipod and dug in (sometimes using pool water for the water colors lol!) it was like being in kindergarten again (minus the eating of glue)...just playing.
keep it up...heartwork first, artwork later.
xxoo

Nancy Wolf said...

The art work you did in SR is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Hueser said...

Thank you for sharing your story and your talents, It has been a magical journey.

Lynn said...

I'm on my second day of the SR Blog Hop! Love all the fine women I am meeting. I am enjoying the peeks in to the SR class, I really can't wait to start the journey myself ( she said biting her nails!) Lovely blog! Thanks for sharing and participating in the hop.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing so much of your work in SR... it has been an incredible journey for me and I know I have only scratched the surface. Hugs!

RanaLea said...

I love your truth cards! They're just gorgeous. And one of my favorite parts of the class!